January 2, 2015

Welcome!//The Beginning

Hello,

you are maybe wondering why I already started this blog in Janurary if my flight will be going in August or September, but since my journey already started a few months ago I thought I would start now.

When I got my certificate in July I applied for a scholarship because my mom couldn't pay like 9000€. I actually applied for two scholarships, the "PPP" and the "DFH". I got a cancelation straight away for the PPP because I just did not fit in the group of people they wanted to give it to. But I was super happy when i got the letter that I am in the next round for the DFH one. I had to fill in a lot of stuff (12 pages or something) in like 3 weeks, but I managed it even though it was really stressful. I have been waiting for a reply so so long and I checked my mails everyday. On December 23rd (yes, the day before Christmas Eve) I got an email and I was so scared to open it. I did it. And guess what? It was a cancelation too (which was written so freaking mean) and I have been crying for the rest of the day and been in a bad mood on Christmas and the days after. I cried a lot and annoyed my mom so much but i just could not stand it. And I saw how much her heart was breaking and how sorry she was. But between Christmas and New Years she said that some of our family members (my grandma and sister) would give me some money for it and my mom herself could pay about 4000€ on her own. I am going to ask my uncles and aunt and dad if they maybe can give me just a really small amount of money for it and I am going to pay the rest myself. Anyway, the day after my mom allowed me to do it I sent an application to the organisation I like best (TREFF) but I have not got a reply yet, but I think I will get one next week because there have been a lot of vacations recently. (Btw if you are German tell me which organisation you picked and why because I am thinking about sending applications to other organisations too, but I am not that sure).

Next time you are going to see a post is probably when I got a reply or when I had the interview with TREFF.

I would love to talk to other exchange students, so message me if you have spent a year abroad or if you're going to!

Nessi

No comments:

Post a Comment